Jared Lee Knabenbauer (born August 28, 1985), better known by his usernames, ProJared and before that [Dungeon Master] DMjared is a YouTube video game reviewer who appeared as a guest on Table Flip in their playthroughs of King of Tokyo and One Night Ultimate Werewolf. He would later appear as the first guest on Grumpcade, playing Vice Project Doom with Ross.
Jared was born in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The elder of twin boys, he is the younger brother to Derek James Knabenbauer, known on YouTube as DKlarations. He is married to cosplay artist Heidi O'Ferrall.
His show is a part of Normal Boots, a network run by Jon. He reviews games on his channel, sometimes from the modern era, and sometimes from earlier consoles. He is also known to do "One Minute Reviews" of certain newer games. He also does Let's Plays on a separate channel "ProJaredPlays," where he covers newer games, as well as Nuzlocke challenges of Pokémon games.
Game Grumps Edit
At MAGfest 2015, Ross confirmed Jared would be the first non-Grump guest to appear on Grumpcade. He made his Grumpcade debut on February 4th, 2015 on Vice Project Doom and have been featured on several episodes since.
Starting on October 25th, 2017 and coming out with weekly episodes, Jared was the DM for the Grumps' D&D Game "Dragons in Places"
Games Played Edit
Table Flip Edit
- Vice: Project Doom
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- Pokémon Snap
- Metal Gear
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
- He appeared in the "rap along" video for the Starbomb song I Choose You to Die on Egoraptor's channel.
- Jared appeared on a live-stream with Ross playing Starbound.
- He, Markiplier, and Jirard are the first non-Game Grumps members to receive an official "Grump Head." Holly also received a "Grump Head", but she can be considered an honorary member since she is married to Ross.
- Jared does not acknowledge the existence of Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation, and tries to sweep it under the rug, as well as a female Ninja Turtle being introduced to the main four turtles, Venus de Milo.
- Jared's first game was Ladybug for the ColecoVision.
- Jared used to participate in professional archery.
- Unlike Brian, Jared doesn't have a PhD.
- It's become something of an ongoing joke to combine ProJared and Jirard into one character, "ProJirard the Finishist". For example, Arin once referenced ProJirard the Finishist and his famous "One Minute Finish", combining ProJared's "One Minute Review" and Jirard's completing of games. When ProJared and Jirard finally appeared together on Grumpcade for the Turtles in Time playthrough, they were treated as one and referred to as ProJirard the Finishist.