|Description||Did you happen to see a black car that day?|
|Release Date||October 20, 2012|
|Link||Shenmue: FATHER! - PART 1 - Game Grumps|
| ← previous|
| next →|
"Dad Vengeance Quest"
"FATHER!" is the first episode of Shenmue. It gained 84,218 views within the first 24 hours of airing.
Jon: Welcome to Game Grumps! Here we are in Yokosuka at 4 P.M.
- Most of the discussion in this episode is about the game itself. Arin notes that this game was supposed to be Yu Suzuki's 'magnus opus'.
- Jon, being his first time playing, praises the game upon first impression. He notes that the score is great, and seems to enjoy the story. However, when he finally gains control of the character, he is thrown off by the movement controls.
- Jon and briefly talk about what the first console with internet access was.
- “This game was groundbreaking at the time. Now, it's just broken ground.”
- — Arin
- “It was actually the Dakaduko XO! It actually linked up to the internet, and you could download Word files.”
- — Jon, joking about the first console with internet access.
- “What are you saying? Seriously, what are you fucking saying?”
- — Jon
- “Like he just always argues with his dad, no matter what. Like, "Rio." "GOD, WHAT?”
- — Arin
- “"Your dad would be so proud if he were here." "He just died! It's still fresh!"”
- — Jon
- “Rio's Room, 3 A.M.!”
- — Jon, imitating Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
- In the episode, the two joke that the series' preview image would include a picture of the main character, Ryo, a handprint, and three Marios. Barry made it so.