|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2|
|Description||Diddy and Dixie. Ready for adventure.|
|Release Date||December 13, 2012|
|Link||Donkey Kong Country 2: Apostrophes - PART 1 - Game Grumps|
| ← previous|
| next →|
"Apostrophes" is the first episode of Donkey Kong Country 2.
At the beginning of the episode, Jon mentions how the title of the game, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, is commonly mistaken as Diddy Kong's Quest.
Arin notes that in this game, the sidekick character has a dark tint, compared to the original game, where it was hard to tell who was playing.
Arin suggests that the way the characters climb on ropes is an homage to Donkey Kong Jr.
Jon sings "Baby" by Justin Bieber, which prompts a short discussion about the artist. He also mentions the song "Boyfriend". Jon says that he doesn't mind pop music, but Justin Bieber seems like a jerk.
Jon and Arin talk about amateur YouTube channels that mimic Angry Video Game Nerd, joking how they always have drawn-out intro theme songs. They also note how these channels often have very low production quality.
- “Those fucking stilt-ass foot people.”
- — Arin
- “Baby, baby, baby, ooh. Now Justin Bieber has officially been sung on the show.”
- — Jon, singing Justin Bieber's "Baby".
- “Our differences in playing games, they will never come to terms with one another. This is the new theme song for Grumps, it's gonna play every time. Every single time.”
- — Jon, faking a new Game Grumps Intro.
- “He's a guy, and he plays a game!”
- — Jon, parodying amateur YouTube game review channels.
- At 2 minutes, Jon sings the posthumous version "Thugz Mansion" by 2Pac, featuring Nas and J. Phoenix.
- At 7 minutes, Jon and Arin sing Queen's "Somebody to Love". The audio of this is sampled in YouTuber liltommyj's popular Game Grumps Remix, "Somebody to Love".
- At 9 minutes, Jon sings "My New Philosophy" from the musical You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.
- This episode is 19 minutes 38 seconds, making it one of the longest first parts from the Jon era, only second to Mountain out of a Molehill from their playthrough of Banjo-Kazooie.
Arin: Next time on Game Grumps, let's fucking pay attention to the time.
Jon: Wait, was this the first episode still?
Jon: Oh my god.